Dernière modification : 25-09-2021
Catégorie du métier
Cadre responsable des ressources publiques
Administration publique générale
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We're looking for a Senior HR Business Partner, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
Working with the HR Director you will be responsible for implementing effective people management interventions across the business unit but also collaborating with other senior HR colleagues across the region to deliver a coherent and consistent people management approach within Europe.
We look forward meeting you!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Senior HR Business Partner you will be responsible for:
Strategy and Plans
- Supports the implementation of the HR strategy within Europe and contributes to the wider HR strategy across the division.
- Develops robust rolling workforce plans to enable achievement of business objectives (covering all HR services from recruitment to leaver management).
- Ensures the HR services are aligned to divisional, business unit and Serco Group strategies.
- Conducts regular reviews of the HR service provided across the region and takes action to ensure the business receives an appropriate service to support our managers so they can deliver an excellent service for our customers.
- Ensures rigorous governance is applied across all our people operations in line with our Serco Management System (SMS), corporate policy and external regulatory framework.
- Ensures compliance to European standards and employment legislation, mitigating and managing risk and liabilities in the supply of people and services into differing European jurisdictions.
Growth and Financials
- Uses the HR service delivery model to ensure that business and HR objectives are fully achieved within budgets and targets.
- Reviews and reports the performance of HR service delivery against objectives, budgets and targets.
- Develops people solutions that will delight customers to ensure that Serco can deliver highly competitive bids, ensuring that value to the client is maximised and securing growth of the business.
- Ensure effective resource plans are in place that enable the effective deployment of talent thereby facilitating growth and managing cost. Ensure that HR resources are sourced, organised and deployed such that all HR objectives are fully achieved within budgets and targets.
- Collaborate with other colleagues in HR and other areas of the business support development and implementation of the regional and functional Operating Models Support the development of a Serco Europe reward and recognition strategy to support its growth ambitions.
- Drive a deep understanding of the employee cost base to develop plans, in collaboration with operations and other functions, to focus on productivity and improve efficiency.
- Focus on the development and monitoring key metrics and analytics e.g. employee attrition, in order to develop plans to focus on reducing and/or solving specific issues which are a drain on the people resources across the business units and functions within the division.
Customers and Markets
- Implements and contributes to continual improvement and innovation so that the business is recognised for developing and delivering excellent people practices and our customers and partners understand Serco's employer brand
- Builds relationships within the key industry sectors, helping to develop the reputation of Serco in these markets and building insight of developments in practice.
- Network with external bodies and European institutions so that Serco is represented and positioned for growth.
People & Culture
- Understand, own and be a passionate role model for Serco values and ensure they are fully embraced across the business.
- Supports the implementation of employee engagement initiatives across the corporate functions to drive a culture of exceptional customer service.
- Support the delivery of the divisional diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy and plan, aligned to the Group's overall D&I strategy, to ensure there are targeted and measurable outcomes and improvements within the employee base, management and leadership team.
- To ensure the business has robust talent and succession management enabling the business to meet strategic and operational goals and contribute to the broader Serco talent community.
- Provide leadership and expertise to the efficient and effective management of the various European Works Councils. To ensure an effective employee relations plan exists and is delivered to support the delivery of the agreed business plan.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Professional HR qualification
- Graduate calibre
- Generalist background having operated at a senior level in a substantial customer centric organisation, in multi-country, European organisations.
- Highly developed knowledge in one or more specialist activities to improve business performance, for example, organisational development, talent management or reward and recognition.
- Well-developed knowledge across all business functions (i.e. finance, business development and communications) to ensure that the HR function fully integrates and supports all other business areas, with ability to challenge how other business functions are structured and how they operate.
- Comprehensive understanding of the countries Serco Europe operates within (Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic and The Netherlands), the market conditions, key organisations and a strong knowledge of the political direction in maintaining and building employee relations across the region.
- Experience of developing HR strategies that deliver improved business performance across the business in a European environment.
- Experience of delivering change in complex and demanding environments.
- Solid leadership qualities with evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and key business stakeholders.
- Highly impactful and articulate, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making.
- Good strategic thinker with the ability to operate with a hands-on, pragmatic approach.
- Strongly values led individual with excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
- Self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged.
- Appropriate professional experience in HR for a company of similar size and geography is required.
- Proven record of developing successful people management strategies that deliver financial and reputation improvements to the business.
- Track record of developing effective collaborations and partnerships and building consensus in cross-cultural and cross-functional environments.
- Has successfully managed in an organisation with rapidly changing environments.
- Evidence of delivering a range of people management interventions simultaneously.
Additional / special features of the role
- Fluent French and English (both written and verbal) essential for the role. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
- There will be requirements to travel within Europe and to the UK to support the teams and activities of the business.
|12 mois||Administration publique générale||/|
Régime de travail
Temps plein de jour
A durée indéterminée
Nom du contact
De Lestanville Laure
Avenue de Cortenbergh 60
1000 - Bruxelles